California Adventure

With the excitement of being pregnant and all, I haven’t posted about our rockin’ time in California in August. It was pretty much momentous because

a. it had been almost exactly a year since we went to California last year to meet Adam’s family for the first time.

b. we found out I was pregnant while we were there for our “year anniversary” of meeting the parents.

c. it was a blast [minus being sick with “I didn’t know I was pregnant ‘car sickness’”]

good reasons to be momentous right?

It was really fun to be with family and we were able to do most things I had never done before. Such as:

  • Going to the Shaver Lake Cabin california adventure
  • Going Jet Skiing
  • Seeing the “Indian Grinding Rock” that is famous I guess with Adam’s family. It’s where the Indians ground their corn or something and it let little holes in this huge rock.DSC03495 DSC03501 DSC03496
  • Having an uncle who is a dentist clean our teeth and fill cavities for the {family discount}
  • made sno cones

   DSC03493

DSC03491

  • rode bikes with a really really painful bike seatDSC03485 DSC03486 DSC03488
  • Go to Marine World [note: we rode roller coasters the day before we found out I was pregnant. I don’t know if it was a good idea to ride a roller coaster while pregnant, but I’m pretty sure my baby is still okay.] six flags
  • Go to the Oakland temple and do a session AND sealings  Glorious day at the temple!!
  • Go to Ghirardelli Square {love.love.love} DSC03644 DSC03645 DSC03648
  • Go boating and wakeboarding [which I actually didn’t do cause I was sick, but Adam was pretty awesome DSC03671 DSC03651  DSC03665 DSC03674DSC03685

and our favorite pictures of the trip????

DSC03563 DSC03618

all crazy right?? it was nuts.

Loved it!

 

2 comments:

The Smith Family said...

So glad you guys could go to Cali, so fun. It makes me miss home!:(

leean robinson said...

Wow. I was here when all that happened and I got even more excited that you had such a great time. Those pics are great. I guess it really can be kinda fun in CA.