I'm a little freaked out

For a little while I kept thinking I felt the baby move. I would feel little flutters but wasn't ever quite sure if it was the baby or not. I would make Adam touch my stomach to feel and he would tell me that he couldn't tell either. He thought it was just gas bubbles or something. {nice}.

But this weekend I felt it very distinctly. I was sitting on the couch and started feeling something weird but I didn't know if it again was bubbles or something. But then as I started to feel around my stomach I felt a very obvious "kick" to my hand. {I screamed!} and ran over to Adam to tell him.

It was so weird!!! I kept explaining to Adam over and over how the feeling was the weirdest ever and I was kind of freaked out that something was pushing against my skin from the inside.

And then all day today I could feel the same kicks over and over. Adam finally felt it too.

THERE IS A REAL THING INSIDE ME!

Isn't that weird??? I think it is. But {incredibly exciting}.

I can't believe it. I just hope the frequency of the kicks doesn't reflect how crazy/not crazy the kid will be. Cause if it does... I'm pretty sure this kid is already crazy.

Or it could've just been excited with us as BYU beat Utah!

2 comments:

Amber Marie said...

yeah for beating utah! it is fun to feel the baby kick. i've thought the same thing about how active the baby is- whether it is an indication of their personality once they come out....i've been feeling mine move for a long time now and it never really stops! so...family gatherings may get really interesting in the next year :) wait till he gets big enough to really give you a great karate chop, then it gets painful!

The Smith Family said...

Fun times! It IS a weird thing to feel the kicks, like you have an alien inside you taking over your body!:) Even weirder when you can sit and watch your belly just move independent of everything else. Neat that Adam could feel it though--my Adam couldn't for a LONG time this time (maybe I could just feel them earlier w/ baby #3? I think I was 16 or 17 wks.) and it would make me sad that he couldn't feel all the little kicks! Glad to hear you're getting to the "fun" stage of pregnancy!:)