I know my Heavenly Father loves me

Disclaimer: Let me start this post by saying I know President Monson, President Eyring and President Uchtdorf make up the current First Presidency of the Church. But in my dream it was the past First Presidency. Also, sorry this is long.

first_presidency

(President Thomas S. Monson, President Gordon B. Hinckley, President James E. Faust)

Last night, I had a dream about the past First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (before President Hinckley and President Faust passed away). I was with Elijah getting him ready for the day when he was being a little pistol. I passed the kitchen table and saw a letter from President Monson written on a pale yellow piece of paper. It was addressed to my parents but I quickly read it where he told them that it was really good to see them at Christmas and he enjoyed their company at the Halloween party. (I know… totally random). I put the letter away and went to go wrangle up Elijah and calm him down.

Skip ahead.

I am holding Elijah, still pretty ornery, and we walk into a chapel where the First Presidency is sitting on the stand with their wives, all dressed in beautiful, white clothes. There are only a handful of people in the audience, just close friends and family. I stand in the aisle holding Elijah and listening to the current speaker, Sister Faust. She is speaking on how to turn to the Lord in your trials and that He is there to answer your prayers. She talked about being a mother and the hardships that accompanied that special calling and how she could still always feel God’s love for her.

After her talk was finished, President Hinckley, Monson and Faust and their wives got up to leave. As Sister Faust walked by me, I stopped her and thanked her for her talk and her words of inspiration to me. She gave me a hug and followed her husband out the door. Sister Hinckley then approached me and gave me a big hug. She asked me how I was doing and talked to me as if I was her own granddaughter, as if she had known me my whole life. While we were talking, President Monson walked by and said, “Hello Megan! Say hello to your parents for me. I hope they are doing well in the Marshall Islands. I really enjoyed visiting with them at the Halloween Party.” (Again, I don’t know what the Halloween party was all about…). He then continued on his way out the door.

I looked back at Sister Hinckley with a look of shock on my face. I could not understand how he knew who I was. Even if he knew my parents supposedly, how did he know me? How did he know my name or about my life?

Sister Hinckley saw the look on my face and smiled up at me and said, “It’s pretty amazing isn’t it, that he knows who you are even though you’ve never met him. He loves you and prays for you. He knows you even if you may not know him.”

In my dream, I started getting tears in my eyes. I felt the Spirit so strong as she spoke to me.

Then I woke up. And even as I woke up, I had this overwhelming peace come over me and I felt like crying.

I thought back on my dream and what was said to me by Sister Hinckley. I thought about President Monson, the current prophet, knowing who I was even though I have never met with him face-to-face. I thought that seemed pretty crazy, that he would know all my trials and hardships of being a young mother and my parents being far away from me. I don’t doubt that he prays for all of us, but I didn’t understand how he could know me personally.

Then I felt a great sense of clarity at the message. It was Heavenly Father.

Heavenly Father knows my every need, He knows my fears and trials. He knows how hard it is to be a young, student mother. He knows how hard it is for my for my parents to be thousands of miles away. He knows what I needed to hear to comfort and inspire me, even in my dreams.

Yesterday, I came home from a group meeting telling Adam that I wanted to curl up in a ball and die. I told him I felt completely overwhelmed with my responsibilities to school and to Elijah. I didn’t think I would get through these next couple of weeks. He reassured me that it would be okay and that we will make it work. I felt a little better but still rather stressed as we went to bed that night.

Enter, dream.

I know my Heavenly Father loves me. I know He is watching over him and helping me get through this stressful time in my life. I know I can turn to Him when times get tough and He will always be there, watching over me.

:::Don’t forget to enter the CSN Stores Giveaway!!

8 comments:

Katy said...

That gave me goosebumps. Thank you so much for sharing Megan. You are a special, amazing person!

chad and lemae said...

I almost starting crying while reading this. It made me realize I need to be closer to my heavenly father so I can feel his love for me when I am struggling with motherhood. Thanks for sharing

Stephanie Perkins said...

I read your blog quite frequently and I don't think I have ever commented before but I had to today. What a sweet message our Father in Heaven relayed to you! It gave me a reassurance that he knows me too :)

Laurie said...

Yes, I know that my Heavenly Father loves me because he sent you to me along with your brother and sisters. He does know who we are and knows our struggles and He will help us. Someday when we look back we will see how He did help us. It is then we realize that we were helped by Him but didn't see it at the time. And I love you too!

Hannah said...

you make me cry.

angiedunn said...

hi, bawling. that is so special. omg. i want to have dreams about sister hinckley encouraging me! thanks for sharing. i had a hard evening as a momma & that made me remember what i needed to remember. ♥

amber said...

I love that. What an awesome dream to have!

karly from [kar[+]wade] said...

awh, seriously, i love this! so much! what a fun blog! cant wait to catch up on the rest of your posts! :]
-karly
www.karpluswade.blogspot.com