Gottman’s Third Horseman: Defensiveness

I’ve been working through  some of Gottman’s research on conflict in marriage on the Stronger Marriage Blog. Particularly,
Gottman’s Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse in Marriage
1. Criticism
2. Contempt
3. Defensiveness
4. Stonewalling

I already talked about criticism and contempt. Now go check out my article on defensiveness!

So far, which of the 4 horsemen are you more susceptible to?
I think I’m faulty of definitely more than one!

Tell me about it here.

2 comments:

Alexis Kaye said...

uh defensivness is totally mine! I'm so bad! please still be my friend :)

Brooke Buhl said...

Hi I stumbled upon your blog...very cute. LOVE your mirriage blog. I think it is so important to always be working towards self improvement, and improve your relationship with your spouce. I am guilty of more than 1 offense however, I think defensivness is mine.

I recently started a blog for inspired mommies...i would love if you would take a peak at petiteelan.blogspot.com....I post ideas for children and families of all ages.

Following you,
Brooke