meet my new best friend!

Photobucket

last month, i decided to sign up for the New Year Gift Exchange with Casey, DanielleAlycia.
i was really excited to be a part of this great group of women and hopefully get to meet a new friends from it.

little did i know that i would end up meeting my blogging soul mate!

my gift exchange partner was Michelle and to say i have LOVED getting to know her is a complete understatement.
we are basically the same person!
seriously. the more i have gotten to know her the more i am amazed at how similar we are!

it has been such a huge blessing for me to get to meet Michelle and have her as a friend and confidant.
in just a short while, she has already been there for me so much by listening to me vent and giving me much appreciated advice on raising a very active little boy.

Michelle is also an incredibly talented seamstress and crafter.
for the gift exchange, Michelle sent me this beautiful t-shirt scarf/necklace and headband.
i have worn at least one of them almost every day since i’ve received them.

blog swap 1blog swap 2
and Michelle’s description of it:
“it’s just something i made really fast one night from old t-shirts.”
like it was not a big deal at all to whip something up last minute to send to a stranger in Utah.
yeah she’s seriously talented!

you should see her up-cycled sweater series that she did on her blog.
it’s awesome!! 

so even though we both incredible procrastinators {and busy mamas} and didn’t get our gifts to each other on Jan. 31st, it has still be an awesome experience and i know i’ve made a great lifetime friend.
as Michelle put it once, i’m not in it for the gifts or the followers. i’m in it to make friends.

and i’m so glad i got to become such great friends with Michelle and other great bloggers.
it has made this whole “blogging experience” SO worth it!!

4 comments:

Style by Bruno said...

It is simple but at the same time very cool doesn't seem to be that easy to do from old t-shirts

Unknown said...

You are way too nice! I am no where near being able to call myself a seamstress. I just know how to work a sewing machine. I have a hard time being able to sew in a straight line!!!

Denise said...

Oh my gosh so fun!

Anonymous said...

I participated in Oh Hello Friend's Lovely Package exchange around Christmas time, and couldn't believe how alike my exchange partner and I were. One of the best things about blogging and exchanges like this is getting to meet new people like that. It's so much fun!