Symphony Bar Brownies

a friend told me this recipe for Symphony Bar Brownies a couple of years ago and it has been a huge hit every time i make them. i love the gooey-ness of the brownies & the candy bar center.
i showed them on Instagram a little while ago but never shared the recipe so i thought today would be a good day to share some sweet, chocolately goodness!

here's what you need: 
+ 2 brownie mixes {or you can make them from scratch if you are feeling brave :)}

preferably 3 Symphony bars {I accidentally only bought two last time I made them but it still worked.  But usually you need 3 for a 13x9 pan}


Steps: 
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees

2. mix first brownie mix according to the instructions on the box. pour into 13x9 pan.

3. layer Symphony bars on top of the first brownie batter.

4. mix together second brownie mix according to box instructions. pour batter on top of Symphony bar layer.


5. cook brownies in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until the middle is cooked through. you can check by inserting a knife or a toothpick in the center and it should come out clean.

6. while brownies are cooking, relax and lick the batter off the spoon :)


7. take brownies out of oven and let them cool for about an hour so the Symphony bars can harden a little bit in the middle. if you want them meltier, you don't have to wait as long.

when they are done, they will look something like this: {except I couldn't take a good picture of them cause I stink at food picture skills}


if you try this recipe i would love to hear what you think of it! or if you have any other candy bar suggestions to use instead of Symphony bars.

ENJOY!

12 comments:

The Pingrees said...

Yum! I NEED these in my life. :)

Unknown said...

That looks amazing! I can't wait to try this out. =]

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

I used to make these all the time! I've also used peanut butter cups or oreos.

The Millers said...

wow, these look amazing!!!


sjdmiller.blogspot.com

Ruthie Hart said...

this is RIGHT up my alley!

Amber Marie said...

Ryan will like this for a mutual treat. The possibilities for the middle could vary too. Yummers!

Andrea @ Love is... said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Those look delicious!!

Unknown said...

I definitely just drooled and Andrew was confused til I showed him the picture and he drooled too hahahaha

Unknown said...

These sound ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Yum yum!!!

Grace said...

this looks so good! I'm going to make this some time as well :D