15 reasons why Eli is the coolest kid you'll ever meet

[Elijah playing "football" (air hockey) with Adam]

1. because he makes up songs about everything he sees.
"my socks!! my foot!! my chocolate!! my presents!! my shirt!!"
[don't worry. i have video :)]

2. because he says "What's up?!" while giving you a thumbs up and then laughs hysterically. 

3. because he's obsessed with pockets and putting his toys in said pockets
[even though they are obviously too big. the toys not the pockets.]

4. because he comes up to me when i'm laying on the couch or bed and cuddles up close under the blankets. 

5. because he says, "I'm sleeping... oh I woke up!" at least 5 times a day during play-time, dinner, watching Mickey Mouse... 

6. because when you ask him his favorite things he says,
"chocolate, Santa Claus, presents, Harry Potter, reindeer, Happy Birthday, robots." 

7. because he still talks about his friend Crue's birthday party that he was invited to two months ago and sings the "Happy Birthday" song randomly throughout the day.

8. and because he still talks about how he bonked his head on the door at church that also happened two months ago, adding new {true} detail each time. every.day.all.day.long.

9. because he loves to count everything around him,
"1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 9, yeah!!!" *claps hands*

10. because he is a good helper and will even tell you so.
"i do it! i good helper!"

11. because he puts his dishes in the sink when he's done eating and tells himself,
"good eating, ZaZa (Elijah)!"

12. because he says the cutest prayers.

13. because he loves the movie "Howl's Moving Castle," following in his nerdy parents footsteps.

14. because he pointed to a guy in Adam's home ward and called said, "Elf!" really loud during sacrament meeting. we can't decide if it's cause he looks like an elf or looks like the dad from the movie "Elf." either way it was both embarrassing and hilarious!

15. because he's mine and Adam's son and since we are cool...
[transitive property] = Elijah is the coolest!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely on the coolest people list!! So cute!:)

Gentri said...

He is the coolest! I love this. :)

Kati said...

Haha, love this little list of awesomeness!
-Kati

Unknown said...

:) Sounds like a cool kid for sure!

Aimee said...

haha he sounds like an awesome kid. it seems like that age is so fun, though sometimes troublesome as they start to talk more and get to know themselves more. can't wait till we have a babe!

April said...

Howl's Moving Castle is my favorite!! We love the Miyazaki movies around here, all of them! I love your list :)

Naazju said...

What a sweet list! We miss seeing him in church every week. Thanks for sharing!

Amber Marie said...

he looks so happy in the pictures! they grow so fast.

Megan Tenney said...

Haha! "Call me elf one more time...!"

Stacey said...

Haha, so cute! Also, my husband loves "Howl's Moving Castle" ...I admittedly have yet to watch it, but I didn't know anyone else even knew about this movie!

Karrie said...

He's so awesome ;) SOOO cute!

PS MessyDirtyHair sent me.

-karrie