confidence & red heels

top: thrifted / skirt: Forever 21 long time ago, clearance / shoes: Target, clearance / necklace: Caroline G. {you can get this necklace for free today on the Caroline G. Facebook page}

i always walk by the shoes in Target just hoping they miraculously have some fabulous ones for just the right price. so when i saw these beauties for only $10, i shrieked a little and threw them in the cart. 
they are my favorite! 

and right when i bought them, the first thing i thought about wearing them with was this colorful, thrifted shirt. i know there's no red in it at all, but in my mind i just thought it would the perfect combination of bold colors. i mean, in my head, red goes with everything. :) 
maybe it doesn't really, but i like it. 
and you can pull off anything with enough confidence, right?

at least, that used to be my mantra. 
anytime i wore something crazy and someone would say to me, "oh i could never pull that off!" 
i would say back to them, "you can wear anything if you just rock it with confidence!"
the funny thing was, i really am not that confident at all. 
i just kind of buy into the whole Megan-is-just-eclectic thing that people think about me and go with it, thinking that if people already think that way then i can probably get away with weird combinations of colors and clothes. 
true? 

and maybe if i work backwards, pretending that i have the confidence, i will eventually feel more comfortable in my own skin. 
{fake-it-til-you-make-it-style} 

and if i'm truly faking-til-i-make-it, then i think i need more red in my wardrobe. :)



::: p.s. also, in some really exciting news, BlogHer featured my article on their FRONT page {sidebar} as one of their Editor's Picks under Family. i would be lying if i said i didn't get tears in my eyes... as lame as that may sound. i am just really incredibly honored! please go check it out when you get a chance :)

linking up with The Pleated Poppy 

12 comments:

Liv said...

Those shoes are a GREAT find. And congrats on the BlogHer feature!

Kylie said...

LOVE the colors. So fun.

Amberly said...

I like that, "You can wear anything if you wear it with confidence"!!!! I'm going to start saying that to myself anytime I put on an outfit that I don't think is that great!

And Congrats on the BlogHer feature, you definitely are deserving of it! :)

Gentri said...

Congratulations!! :D So happy for you. You deserve it.

LOOOVE this outfit... those shoes, I'm so jealous! :)You look beautiful.

Unknown said...

Congrats on being on the main page on BlogHer! That's awesome. I totally agree with you, red goes with anything.

Stacey said...

Our minds think alike...I'm always looking for a great deal on shoes at Target! Love your whole outfit- you look beautiful!

katilda said...

Those shoes! Gahhh! And super congrats on blogher, I love that!

~Anchored In Christ~ said...

One can never have enough shoes. and they go great with your outfit. It all looks great together.


pinkowl07.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

So cute! Those shoes are to die for ;)

Unknown said...

you are gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Those shoes are such a great find! Congrats on the BlogHer feature. Motherhood is definitely amazing. :)

Side Street Style said...

Love this outfit - it's super cute and those shoes are amazing and add such a pop of colour as does the necklace. You look beautiful and great blog by the way. Just stopping over from the pleated poppy linky.

Laura x
www.sidestreetstyle.com