my brave little boy

he ate an entire personal pizza by himself. I was impressed. 

During Elijah's Spring Break week we took a trip down to the Children's Museum in Downtown Phoenix. I had to go downtown for work & a friend had a free culture pass she wasn't going to use so we decided to make a little mommy-son date out of the day.

I was kind of nervous taking Elijah by myself because sometimes he can be unpredictable. And being pregnant & uncomfortable/sick it can all add to the unpredictability of the situation.

But Elijah, once again, completely exceeded my expectations of the whole thing and did SO well!
I was so so proud of him and how well he listened {for the most part}, how brave & explorative he was, and I loved seeing how much fun he was having!

I love those first two pictures because they marked a big milestone for my little E-rock!
He can be quite a scaredy-cat, especially when it comes to heights [don't blame him] and will refuse to go on even the smallest things because he feels like he's too high up. He barely even lets Adam put him on his shoulders cause he's too nervous and scared. And when we had gone to the Children's Museum before with friends he was absolutely against crawling up in the big treehouse structure they had and would only go on the stairs and then back down.

But not this day!
He climbed so far up and looked at all the different rooms. He was still really nervous and took his time, making sure I was tightly holding onto his hand the whole time, but he did it and I couldn't have been more proud of him. He had a huge smile on his face when he was in there, even with other kids yelling at him to hurry because he was going to slow.
[my Mama Bear might've come out a few times...]

I told him afterwards how proud I was of him that he was so brave and he just beamed!
And then when we got home he told Adam all about how brave he was too.
Oh, my mama heart...
Love this boy!

With only one major, huge, crying tantrum and only one panic, freak-out search for him, I say that's a pretty successful trip for us!
I am so glad that we still get to have some fun one-on-one trips before both our worlds are changed forever. :)

2 comments:

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

sound and looks like you guys had tons of fun. Have a great weekend

Kassi said...

Aw he's growing up!! What a big boy!