my most embarrassing mom moment

I didn't want to post this story for a long time because I was still sooooooo mad about it. But I think I can finally laugh at it and add it to the baby book. Seriously kids are crazy! 


Recently I have started working a little bit on the side for a local lawyer just taking calls and appointments and such. It has been really nice to have a side project plus a little bit of income. And I can usually work around Elijah's schedule or bring him with me so it's even easier. 

Except for this one time... 

I was over at my boss/friend's house getting some instructions on some new responsibilities and was able to bring Elijah with me so he could play with the other kids while we talked. As we are in the office going over items, E rushes in and starts telling me about how his pants got wet and he needs to take them off right now

And he wasn't kidding. 
He started completely undressing right then and there in the office. 
Pants, shirt, underwear, and all! 

Never ever ever has Elijah stripped totally naked like this. EVER! 
Unless for bath time. But he knows that we keep our clothes on and if anything, he hates walking around the house without just his pants on. 
So this was totally and completely unexpected. And I was in absolute shock. 

So I'm watching him totally strip down and screaming and I don't really know what to do. 
I'm trying to force clothes back on him but he kept pushing me away and yelling that he needed his clothes off. 

Anything I said, anything I tried to do to make him get his clothes on or reason with him didn't work. And I didn't know what to do with him either since I was not in my own house. I had no where to take him, I couldn't just leave with a naked kid, and no amount of trying to calm him down was working. He just went on screaming and crying and freaking.out. 

This lasted for what felt like 5-10 minutes. Seriously. 
It was intense and sooooooo frustrating & e m b a r r a s s i n g!! 

I finally got him to get his clothes back on
{by threatening to lock him in the car... haha! seriously I was desperate.} 
and then put him in time-out. 

It was most definitely one of the most embarrassing and frustrating moments of my whole mom life. 
I know more moments will come, but so far that was the worst. 


And then a couple of weeks ago, Elijah and his friend decided it would be fun to get completely naked and run through the sprinkler while I was talking to my friend inside. 

Apparently we still need to have a few talks about modesty and appropriateness. 
At least it wasn't in a lawyer's office the second time... 


11 comments:

Unknown said...

That last photo still cracks me up now even after seeing it on IG. I can imagine how you felt when he started getting naked, I would've reacted the same way, though it's hilarious to look back on now! Lilly's in this taking off her clothes at any time phase, and I'm waiting for something mortifying to happen.

Your boy is too funny and you are going to LOVE reading back on all these crazy adventures when he's older. He's absolutely adorable!

holli h. said...

ELIJAH!!!! hahaha! that is a great story.

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

I have a few friends how kids like to take there clothes off. I think it just a weird phase kids go thru.

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

Haha! What a good story! That last picture is precious!

Julie said...

hahahaha oh my gosh!! So funny!

Kara Renee said...

Hahahaha whyyy? That's too funny. I hope the boss had a good sense of humor about it!

Sierra @ Sierra's View said...

Well,
If it makes you feel any better, I didn't wear any clothes from ages 1-6. And I'd scream anytime my mom tried to out anything on

Jodi Glazner said...

We lived in a tiny town when I was little and my mom said that neighbor kids would have to bring me home to get clothes and she would have to scour the neighborhood to find where I had ditched them. Nakedness all the time. Gilli is pretty much the same way, but now she understands that she has to wear clothes when people are around. :)

Lex said...

Haha! At least he's getting it out of his system now! :)

Kirsty and Seth said...

That must have been such a nightmare for you but it's hilarious reading your account of it! I know I have all of that to look forward to / dread, ha ha!

kirstyandseth.blogspot.co.uk

Hirschi Law Group said...
This comment has been removed by the author.