E-rock approved Carnation Fruit Smoothie

This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Nestle, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia  #BreakfastEssentials http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV


Elijah is obsessed with having chocolate milk in the mornings. 
For.Reals. 
So much so that yesterday when we told him we ran out of chocolate syrup for chocolate milk, he cried for at least 30 minutes, begging me to go to the store at 7:00am to buy more right away. 

Obsessed

I usually let him have one cup along with something else for breakfast but have really been concerned about his daily consumption of it because it's obviously not the healthiest of breakfast foods. 
So when I had the opportunity to try out some Carnation Breakfast Essentials powdered drink mixes from Walmart, I was pretty excited to start a more healthy alternative to his non-nutritious-high-in-sugar morning drink routine. 

And he loved it! And I loved it too because I felt like he was getting something healthier than he was getting before. It was a win-win. 

But then we decided to step it up a notch! 
To curb his chocolate milk cravings even more, we used Carnation Breakfast Essentials in french vanilla flavor to make a delicious fruit smoothie. And Elijah LOVED it! He drank a whole huge cup by himself {even though he promised he would share with me... ;)}

So I wanted to share the E-rock award-winning thumbs-up smoothie recipe for you today so you too can impress your little picky eaters with a healthy and tasty breakfast treat!

Carnation Breakfast Essentials Fruit Smoothie


Ingredients:
-one packet of Classic French Vanilla Carnation Breakfast Essentials packet 
- 3/4 to 1 cup of milk 
- one cup of yogurt (we used strawberry yogurt) 
- a handful of your favorite frozen fruits (we used strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries because that what we had in our freezer)

Directions
- put frozen fruit, milk, Carnation vanilla packet, and yogurt in a blender 
- blend until smooth. 
-and ENJOY!


E-rock seriously thought it was the most amazing thing. 
He kept telling me how delicious it was over and over and would thank me for making such a yummy drink. "Smoovies are my favorite treat mom! I like the banilla one.


I'm excited to try more recipes and smoothie concoctions with the Carnation Breakfast Essentials packets. And Carnation has a great website full of tons more recipes to try out. So I know what we'll be doing this summer! 

And right now you can get a dollar off Carnation Breakfast Essentials at Walmart. Makes it an even better breakfast choice! And be sure to check out the Carnation Breakfast Essentials Facebook page for more breakfast ideas and recipes. 

Thumbs up for Carnation Breakfast Essentials!!


2 comments:

Amy's Fashion Blog said...

going to have to try this out one day

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

Yum! He looks so cute drinking it!